As the warmer weather arrives in Austin, so do the mosquitoes. People hate them and don’t want to see them around their property for a good reason: These irritating buggers are ready for trouble, and they aren’t afraid to show it.
They show up at night and cause sleeplessness among homeowners, not to mention spreading deadly diseases and ruining your outdoor time on your lawn. Don’t hesitate when you see them, as things will only get worse. Call pest control in Austin immediately.
What Chemicals Are Used In Mosquito Foggers?
These machines release a fine mist of insecticide into the air, killing mosquitoes on contact. The chemicals used in these foggers are highly effective and will quickly knock down the mosquito population on your property.
Manufacturers use several chemicals in mosquito foggers:
- Piperonyl butoxide
These ingredients create a combination that’s deadly to mosquitoes. Mosquito foggers only work if you use them properly. Please call a professional pest control company to get rid of mosquitoes in your house if you don’t know how to handle one.
Destroying Mosquito Eggs In Still Water
The best way to get rid of mosquitoes is to destroy their eggs. The female mosquito lays her eggs in stagnant water. Here are ways you can kill the eggs:
- Drain the still water that’s sitting in buckets, tires, or kiddie pools.
- Pour dish soap into the water and mix it- this makes it toxic for the larvae.
- Use bleach on the water- its potency will kill the eggs instantly. Remember not to use it in water with plants and fish as it’ll kill them as well.
- Pour some apple cider vinegar on the water- although water usually remains at a neutrally acidic condition, mosquitoes can’t lay eggs on it if it’s too acidic.
- Use cooking oil on the water- it makes a layer on the water’s surface, preventing mosquitoes from laying eggs on it.
By following these simple tips, you can rid your Austin property of different mosquitoes. You can take extra measures to ensure they never show up on your premises by calling a professional pest control service.
Mosquito Prevention: What A Homeowner Can Do
As a homeowner, you can take a few precautions to prevent mosquitoes from invading your Austin home:
- Keep your gutters clean and free of debris- this helps prevent stagnant water from collecting on your roof.
- Trim the bushes and trees around your property to rid the yard of mosquitoes.
- Eliminate all sources of standing water on your property- this includes buckets, kiddie pools, and birdbaths.
- Repair any holes or cracks in your screens- this will keep them from getting inside your home.
- Use mosquito repellent when you’re outdoors- this will help keep them away from you.
You can reduce mosquito infestation in your space by following the above pointers. These nuisance pests may intrude again, so ensure you’re consistent in your efforts.
Mosquito Reduction Services In Austin
If you find nothing much is changing despite your efforts to kill mosquitoes inside, involve an expert pest elimination agency like Accurate Termite & Pest Control. We’re an Austin-based mosquito control company that puts you and your family first.
We serve Austin residents and those in the surrounding areas and are punctual in our timing. We consult you on your experience with the pests as we inspect your home and take the necessary measures to eliminate them based on your situation.
Our services are timely and effective, and we offer follow-up services frequently for your peace of mind. Call us today and consider mosquitoes a thing of the past.