It’s no secret that Austin has some pretty unwanted pests. From cockroaches to rats to mosquitoes, there’s no shortage of critters that can make your life miserable. But one creature in particular seems to stand out from the rest: Scorpions.
These eight-legged creatures are not only a nuisance but can also be dangerous, as their sting can be painful and even deadly in some cases. If you’re dealing with a scorpion infestation, it’s essential to call pest control in Austin to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Types Of Scorpions
There are countless types of scorpions. Some of them are:
- Arizona Hairy Scorpion- it’s one of the biggest scorpions in Arizona, reaching an impressive 6 inches.
- Emperor Scorpion- it’s among the largest scorpions in the world. The adults weigh approximately 30 grams and are 7 inches long.
- Fat Tail Scorpion- females are generally bigger than males, and, as the name suggests, its tail is short and thick.
- Blue Scorpion- you can find it in countries like Gabon, Venezuela, the US, and Mexico, and it’s also called ‘Alacran Azul.’
- Deathstalker Scorpion- it has extremely deadly poison, hence its chilling name.
- Red Scorpion- it has a red body color, is among the most dangerous scorpions globally, and is mainly found in India, Nepal, and Pakistan.
- Tailless Whip Scorpion- they don’t have tails and look like spiders.
- Arizona Bark Scorpion- it’s a small light-brown colored scorpion. Males are usually 3 1/8 inches long, while females are 2 3/4 inches in length.
- Pseudo Scorpion- it has a 12-part abdomen and eyes on both sides of its cephalothorax.
- Forest Scorpions- these are big black scorpions with a stocky build.
- Red Claw Scorpion- most people keep them as pets. Due to their short-tempered nature, they aren’t recommended for rookie scorpion owners.
- Three Striped Scorpion- people identify it by the two or three dark longitude stripes on its carapace.
All the above scorpions are dangerous in their own right. Never ignore them or try to get rid of them yourself, as both may lead to physical harm quickly. Call a professional pest control company immediately if you spot one or more on your Austin property.
Don’t Accidentally Attract Scorpions
Scorpions are looking for three things: food, water, and shelter. If you provide them with any of these three, they’ll happily move in and make themselves comfortable. They find refuge in ‘caves’ like shoes and gloves and in a heap of clothes, coats, or even curtains.
They love their space and privacy, and though they rarely attack humans, dangerous scorpions can do so if they feel threatened. Out of the over 3,000 species of these pests, only 30 to 40 of them have venom that can kill you.
That doesn’t mean you should take your chances when you see a scorpion. Some of their poison may not be deadly, but it causes symptoms like:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Muscle spasms
The more reason for you to let a professional pest control service to get rid of scorpions when they invade your home. The experts have the skills and experience to subdue the critters.
Six Facts About Scorpions You Probably Didn’t Know
The following are some exciting facts on the critters about scorpions that are sure to blow your mind:
1. Scorpions are among the oldest creatures globally- scientists believe they evolved from massive beasts three feet long that came from the sea.
2. They dance before mating.
3. They can survive nearly everything.
4. All scorpions produce venom, but not all the poison can kill.
5. They eat almost anything they get.
6. They produce fully-formed offspring (are viviparous).
Total Scorpion Control For Austin Residents
Stopping scorpions before things get worse is critical, and you can only achieve this by calling a reputable scorpion control company that knows all about scorpions like Accurate Termite & Pest Control.
We’re a pest control bureau in Austin, TX, and serve Austin residents and those in the surrounding locations. We’ve been in business since 2000. We use government-approved products to exterminate all kinds of pests, including scorpions.
We have the expertise to deal with them without causing alarm. Once we identify them after inspecting your home, we create a personalized service plan to get rid of them. We visit your property often to ensure your house is scorpion-free as it should be. Don’t wait anymore. Call Accurate Termite & Pest Control today.