The Types Of Ants In Austin
You may be wondering which types of ants found in Austin pose the biggest threat to your family? Read on to find out if your family is at risk. There are several types of ants commonly found in Austin, including carpenter ants, sugar ants, acrobat ants, and fire ants. Of these different species of ants, fire ants are known to be the most dangerous to Austin residents due to their powerful sting.
If you’ve ever been stung by a fire ant, you know just how painful their sting can be. What’s worse is that a single fire ant can sting multiple times, leaving behind painful welts. In cases where the person is allergic to fire ant venom, medical attention should be sought immediately if stung. In short, fire ants are more than a nuisance pest to have around your property and should be dealt with immediately.
The Problems Fire Ants Can Cause On Your Austin Property
Many homeowners may not be aware of the damage fire ants in Austin can cause in their homes. Like carpenter ants, fire ants will make their way into your home and your walls and cause considerable damage to the structure of your home. In addition, fire ants in Austin pose a substantial health risk to your family and your pets.
In some cases, severe allergic reactions to a fire ant sting can cause a person to go into anaphylaxis, creating an urgent need for medical care. Between the potential for damage to your home and the potential health concern, fire ants infestations should be dealt with immediately by calling Accurate Termite & Pest Control.
Easy & Effective Fire Ant Prevention Tips
There are several simple and effective tips homeowners can follow to prevent fire ants from becoming an issue at their Austin property. One thing to remember is, do not attempt to remove a fire ant hill yourself. By doing so, you will aggravate the fire ants, creating a potential for multiple painful stings. The fire ant colony would likely split, and several smaller colonies could form as a result.
Other tips include:
- Keep trash picked up and sealed with a tight-fitting lid. Fire ants are looking for food sources to take back to their colonies.
- Keep sugary drinks covered. Rinse out soda cans and keep them in a covered receptacle.
- Clean grilling areas after each use, as well as outdoor eating areas.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for areas where ants could be coming inside. Seal up any cracks or gaps in your foundation with weatherproof caulking.
- Install door and window weather stripping to ensure a tight seal.
- Install caps on outdoor vents and chimneys.
- Inspect wires, pipes, AC units, and HVAC units for areas where ants could be using these as a way inside.
- Call Accurate Termite & Pest Control if you suspect a fire ant problem on your Austin property.
Safe & Effective Ant Control For Austin Properties
For safe and effective fire ant control treatment in Austin, always call Accurate Termite & Pest Control. We offer the safest fire ant treatment in Austin so that you, your family, and your pets can once again go out in your yard without worry of fire ants or harmful chemicals. Our treatment comes with a one-year guarantee and can rid your home of other unwanted pests besides fire ants. Give us a call today for your fire ant needs.